Sunday, June 23, 2013

Colour me Rad 5k

Today my friend Connie and I accomplished our first Colour me Rad 5k run at Toronto's Downsview park. Our official team name was 'Scronballz'. We were disappointed they didn't print our awesome team name on our bibs when we picked up our race kits last week however, they did included a blue Colour me Rad t-shirt, some nice bright neon sunnies, free redbull and of course a colour packet that we received at the very end of the race. 

Basically our race begin at 10am with different starting heats. After a Zumba warm up everyone was ready to go, loud cheering and hopped up on free redbull people dressed in white with all sorts of crazy accessories. {tutu's galore}. We ran around the perimeter of downsview while volunteers pelted us at each kilometer with different coloured corn starch. The hot, sweaty, muggy weather was awesome because it made the corn starch stick to our clothes and bodies.

As gross as that may sound, the whole thing was actually very entertaining to watch and we had such a blast. Our finishing time I think was 35 minutes, its a rough guess because they do not time you as this race is simply for fun and enjoyment. We will defs be doing more colour me rad's in the future. 
Part of the proceeds from the run went to the Big Brothers Big Sisters charity.
enjoy some colourful photos.


My nice clean bib

Before the race {all clean and white}
Zumba warm up on stage
everyone getting pumped up before the race.
 





The finish 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment