Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ima be a Yoga bear

So as promised in my 5 on Friday post a few weeks ago I said I was going to write a post about my personal experience with hot yoga well here it goes, 


My Friend and I decided we'd try the intro package at Yoga Tree http://www.yogatree.ca/  
 
 
 
down the street from us {we live in the same hood} it was 30 days unlimited yoga for $40, not bad right? Well turns out we really love it, I mean ALOT!!! I've never been so committed to something before I literally went almost everyday {except when I was sick for an entire week! Blah}. I was feeling so empowered and inspired I'm even considering becoming a teacher {one day}. so long story short - I'm hooked!
 We decided the location is convenient and the schedule is so flexible with ours we committed ourselves to another four month contract.

The Details!!
 
Hot Yoga - Our classes are conducted in a heated room of 38 degrees Celsius for 75 minutes long. by practicing yoga in a heated room it assists in a process of natural detoxification also allowing a deeper stretch in your muscles.

Core Yoga - This class is done in a none heated room but is 75 minutes as well. Core yoga increases your core strength, coordination and stability. {I mean who doesn't want a six pack?}

Basically this is exactly what we do haha! :)

sooo We've now been doing {Hot yoga  & Core Yoga} for two months and of course I'm still loving it. I can finally start to see the changes happening in my body. My entire body is leaning out and I just feel better and healthy especially immediately following a hot yoga class when I'm drenched in sweat. I love the feeling of being cleansed and detoxified.

Below are some progress pictures, I'm still far from where I want to be but it takes time. In both of these pics I weigh the exact same... Guess that's power of yoga :)





so if your looking to live more balanced and healthy I recommend checking out your local hot yoga studio & sweat it out. 



Benefits of  Yoga - Body, Mind & Soul
  • Strengthen and tone every muscle in your body. - noticed this just after doing a few classes
  • Improve your cardiovascular health and conditioning
  • Potentially reduce the risk of many diseases & conditions -Anxiety is a huge problem for me and still is but  yoga has defiantly helped curve the attacks for me.
  • De-stress your life -Amen to that! 
  • Strength, Balance & Flexibility - My husbands not complaining, If you know what I mean. ;D







  • Happy practicing! 
     
     



    No comments:

    Post a Comment