Monday, February 11, 2013

Snowmageddon

Fridays weather forecast read; {shit show, or should I say shit-ton-of-snow} they had been calling for a storm to brew Friday into Saturday morning, well for once the dear weather man was correct! We got hit with the storm of the century. { Maybe not quite } but 25cm of snow in my opinion is ALOT! There was a point in my life I once enjoyed the snow, the way it covered the fields after a fresh snow fall or the way it glistens during the night as it floats down past the street light, but now it seems to just heighten my anxiety with each snow flake and every centimeter that stacks up. Friday morning was quite the adventure trekking to work in a blizzard with unplowed roads and sidewalks, but I made it. Talk about great way to start off the weekend.
As always its an amazing weekend no matter what happens as long as J is home to spend it with me and with Valentines day just around the corner I wanted to treat him early. { even though I hate vday!!! } The Harlem Globetrotters were in Toronto for the weekend so I bought us tickets for Saturday night. I wasn't sure with the way the weather was going if the show would be cancelled or what but the show went on and it was great and seats were actually pretty decent too. Enjoy some of our photos

(Picture stolen from fan site)










The mascots name was 'Globie' he was hilarious. They played the song 'I get knocked down' by chumbawamba when the knocked down part came on Globie dropped face first onto the ground it was so funny everyone was dying of laughter.




(Picture stolen from fan site)

The final score...Harlem for the win!!!


A&J

No comments:

Post a Comment