Thursday, February 6, 2014

Quest Bar Review

Looking for a quick after workout dose of protein? Need an afternoon pick me up?
I had to try Quest Bars after such rave about them on Instagram. Quest Nutrition was kind enough to send me a couple to try.  I Picked out Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Supreme.

The first one I tried was the Chocolate Brownie, We had a short flight out of town for the weekend so I threw it in my purse in case I got a little hungry on or after the flight. I ended up warming it in the microwave for a few seconds which made it taste awesome just like a gooey chocolate brownie {without being too sweet or tasting fake} also you don't have to feel guilty eating and with much healthier benefits then a regular brownie. It has over 20g protein, 5g Net Carbs & 17g fiber! That's awesome!!! I give this Flavour a 9/10 rating very delicious the perfect hit of chocolate to cure any girl's craving.




The Peanut Butter Supreme I tried after an intense hot yoga class. Upon first bite this one tasted really bad, like a hard chalky crusty cookie {I know sounds awful right?}. So I warmed it up in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up which seemed to make it taste a little better, Tasted more like an over baked peanut butter cookie a little on the dry side, I didn't find it had a strong peanut butter flavour. Overall would not purchase this one or recommend it either. 3/10 major fail on taste but again same nutritionally packed with 20 grams of protein.

Comment below and let me know which Quest bar is your favourite.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment