Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bidding Wars

As y'all know we've been apartment hunting these last couple weeks most of which have been complete duds either, WAY too pricey or WAY to small or no parking! Do people really pay $1,600 {OR MORE} for a 300 square foot box? Has Toronto gone that insane for location? Seriously its completely crazy!!!
We set a budget before we begun this hunt however, with each disappointing place the budget seems to grow more and more because we cant seem to find all our requirements in our price range.
The other night I went to look at a place that is located just west of the Rogers center and the CN Tower prime location I know right! Well I wasn't the only one interested and the other person looked at it at the exact same time ... Awkward... the other women looking made it clear at the time while I was standing right there that she wanted this place, even more awkward I wanted it as well. So I asked the realtor representing us how we go about this with more than one person interested. The words BIDDING WAR!!!! came out of her mouth. Like are you seriously kidding me?!?!? First off this 480 square foot condo is already over priced and secondly ITS A RENTAL! Without a parking spot. {so we'll have to rent one on the side} Now you want me to up the rent with a bid... At first I was like omg I WANT this place we NEED this place!!! {also note J hasn't seen the place because he was working nights} so I called him immediately to discuss our bid. We settle with one then I came back down to reality an and backed out of the bid. {was I really going to feed into this game its not like We're buying the place.} but I really really want this place! So we once again discussed a bid and settled, we signed all the documents, placed our bid and now we have to wait 24 hours till the owner decides who has the lucky winning bid! and hope they chooses us!!

A&J

No comments:

Post a Comment