Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweet Potato Fries Made with Coconut oil


I'm not one to cook {my husbands great so why would I?} But as I wrap up my first week of LiveFit I've been trying to find new healthy recipes. I found this one on Pinterest but tweaked it abit. 

Preparing the fries 
-Peel one large sweet potato.
-Slice sweet potato into VERY thin fry size slices. {make sure they are the same size} 
-Add the sweet potato slices to a large bowl and fill with water let soak for about 5-10 minutes to remove the starch. 
- Empty water and rinse, microwave for 3-4 minutes.
-On a non-stick baking sheet spread out microwaved potato slices evenly.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Don’t let them burn.
-While they are in the oven, heat up a frying pan.
-Add a few tbsp of coconut oil to frying pan.
-Remove fries from oven and add to frying pan.
-Cook fries until they crisp and lightly brown.
-Add all fries to a large bowl Add: 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dried parsley and 1/2 tsp salt. 
-Enjoy!

Makes 2 cups of sweet potato fries.

Per Cup : 208 Calories, 6 g fat, 29 g Carbs, 4 g Fiber, 0 g Sugar 2 g Protein. 


No comments:

Post a Comment