Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Waking Early to Workout

Its not as bad as you think, I promise!
 
weekend

I'm definitely a morning person but I'm also a girl who needs her beauty sleep. In order to get my workouts in I have to exercise before work, I have way to many lazy thoughts after work that I usually convince myself I'm to tired to hit the gym. Which means waking up around 5:20 to 5:30 a.m. UGH!  I can say opening my eyes at the crack of dawn is not fun. But once I get going, I feel so great!

Here are my tips for waking up early and hitting the gym. 

1. Before you get to bed remind yourself that you are waking up early and pick the appropriate time. picture that time on your alarm clock or phone. Plan what goals your going to complete upon waking ie. hitting the gym/which workouts your going to do.

2. When my alarm goes off, I grab my phone and shut off the alarm and go straight on Instagram, I know this may sound weird but I follow a lot of health/fitness people who usually upload a picture of them working out which then motivates me to get up and workout myself. Whatever you do don't hit snooze!

3. Get everything prepared the night before. Have your pre workout meal already prepped {I've been eating 1 piece of toast with pb and banana slices, which takes about one minute to toast}, if coffee have it set out and ready to brew, have your water bottled filled and in the fridge, have gym clothes washed and ready to wear.
 
Having my workout over and done with  first thing in the morning while everyone else is snoozing is really rewarding. And it frees the rest of the day for whatever else you have planned. {I've been fitting in some yoga classes at night} Also working out in the morning means the gym is usually empty and you can get through your workout a lot faster as you have free range of all the weights and machines.

on weekends I try and sleep in, which is not very late since I'm a morning person anyways. But I will do my workouts later in the morning.
Hope these tips helped and happy workout!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment