Monday, January 20, 2014

THE LIVE FIT PROGRAM Week 2



As you know I am currently doing Jamie Eason's Live Fit 12-Week Trainer. The best part is its free! If you are just starting a workout routine or have never lifted weights before {like myself}, I recommend you try it. The program does require a gym {I'm lucky that I have a gym in my condo}, but you may be able to look up alternative workouts.

Yesterday I finished up week 2 workouts, Thank the lord the next 3 days are my rest days. Right now, I workout 4 times a week {lifting weights in the morning and adding 75 minute yoga classes in at night 3x week}. So far so good! I think I’m getting the hang of this thing. I think my biggest lesson thus far is really knowing and being aware of what I’m putting in my body. I look at everything and think ahead before I eat it. All my meals for the past two weeks have been all homemade. {Thanks to my lovely husband} here's a sample of what I've been eating

Meal 1 5:30am {pre workout} – WATER, I slice of multi grain toast with pb, half a banana sliced on top and I eat the other have.
Meal 2 7:30am {post workout} – 3-4 egg whites with 1/2 tsp ketchup.
Meal 3 10:20am handful of almonds, 2 rice cakes.
Meal 4 12:00pm Chicken breast, quinea & steamed broccoli.
Meal 5 3:30pm Apple with pb.
Meal 6 6:00pm Spaghetti squash, ground turkey homemade tomato sauce.
Meal 7 8:00pm {sometimes no meal 7} rice cakes

I know I need to add in more veggies I'm working on it ;)

Lets recap;

Week 1 Went great! I was excited about starting a new program so everyday I was very motivated to wake up and hit the gym early. In  week 1 of the program you have 4 workout days and 3 rest days, the 3 rest days seemed like f o r e v e r and I tried hard to actually relax and not do any workouts however I did yoga one of the days.

Week 2 DOWN 4LBS Can I get a Hell yeah!?! I was finally excited to get back into the gym after the long 3 days off, Same excersies as last week. Again, still motivated and on the right track no slip ups or cravings for bad foods. {with the exception of a glass of wine at dinner 2 nights this week} looking forward to the next 3 days of rest as I'm just getting over a bad cold and need to let my body relax.

I will be starting Week 3 on Tuesday, It's going to be a good change because its a new set of workouts this week. I can already tell a big difference in the shape of my body. I'm following the workouts exactly, and the food probably 65%. My arms are building a bit of muscle, which is something I could never quite achieve in the past and my stomach has lost the bloot. Also I bought whey protien and BCAA's yesterday and can't wait to add them into my diet. I'll keep you posted with my progress as I continue. You can also follow me on Instagram to see my updates. @ashleajasper



 

No comments:

Post a Comment